- The Architect: Reconstructing Her Practice, ed. Francesca Hughes, MIT Press, Cambridge, 1996.
- 'Faking it: Pregnant Pauses and Other Constructions of Delay', Francesca Hughes, Anyhow, MIT Press, 1998.
- 'The un-Private House', review of show by same title at MOMA, Francesca Hughes, Artforum International, XXXVIII, No. 3, Nov 1999.
- ‘An Anatomy of Separation’, Francesca Hughes, AA files, Summer 2005.
- ‘Extreme Adaptations’, A Document of Scales and Engagement, Francesca Hughes, Architectural Association Press, London, 2006
- ‘Stabat Mater’ in Altering Practices: Feminist Politics and Poetics of Sapce, Francesca Hughes, ed. Petrescu, Routledge, London, July 2006.
- Insertae Sedis, exhibition catalogue, Beardsmore Gallery Press, London, October 2008.
- ‘Head banging: Engineered Neutrality + the Parametric Ceiling’, Francesca Hughes, Patterns of Architecture, AD, Vol 79, No 6, Wiley, London, 2009.
- ‘Inculpable Machines: the Guillotine, the Computer and the Engineering of Neutrality’, Francesca Hughes & Gergely Kovács, Space, August 2012.
- Drawings that Count, ed. Francesca Hughes, with essays by Noam Andrews, Mary Beard and David Edgerton, AA Publications, 2013.
- The Architecture of Error: Matter, Measure and the Misadventures of Precision, Francesca Hughes, MIT Press 2014.
- For All Intents and Purposes, exhibition catalogue, Frameless Gallery, London, November 2014.
- ‘Deleted: How the Drawing that Can’t Forget Forgot’, A/R/P/A Journal, Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Instruments of Service 04, 2 May 2016.
- ‘Fear is in the Detail’, Harvard Design Magazine, #42, Spring/summer 2016, “Run for Cover!“ pp86-93.
- ‘Truth is in The Tower – Part I: the Spatial Architectures of Computational Truth’, e-flux journal, no. 84, September 2017
- ‘Tango with Stuart Brisley’, Stuart Brisley, Drawing Room Confessions, David Roberts Art Foundation, London, 2017.
- Suffer No Fools: A Primer for the End Times’, , exhibition catalogue, Frameless Gallery Press, London, June 2017.
- ‘Facilities for Correction: Design after Doubt’, Superhumanity: Design of the Self, Beatriz Colomina, Nikolaus Hirsch, Anton Vidokle and Mark Wigley eds., 3rd Istanbul Design Biennial, e-ﬂux Architecture, University of Minnesota Press, Minnesota, Jan 2018: 283-291.
- ‘White Lies: Bell Curves in the Bell Jar’, House Tour: Views of the Unfurnished Interior, Adam Jasper ed., Park Books, Zürich, 2018: 52-57.
- ‘Inequalities of Ice’, A Moving Border: Alpine Cartographies of Climate Change, Marco Ferrari, Elisa Pasqual and Andrea Bagnato eds., Columbia University (Books on Architecture and the City imprint) and ZKM, New York, 2018: 122-137.
- Architectures of Prediction, ARQ docs, ediciones ARQ, Santiago 2019., ARQ docs, ediciones ARQ, Santiago 2019.
- ‘Object Lessons’, Building a Radical University, Michael Rustin and Gavin Poynter eds., Lawrence Wishart, London, 2020: 379-387.
- ‘Pushing Boundaries: a Moveable Border’, The Architectural Review,1475, October 2020: 78-82.